Arsenal to go on spending spree?

This  morning news feeds and various blogs are rife with rumours that Arsenal are going to buy players. The cavalry is coming apparently.
Arsenal to buy players? Ha! I’ll reserve my thoughts and judgement on potential new signings till after 31 August 2011. Frankly I don’t think that after having all summer to buy and integrate new players into the team, Arsene will suddenly buy 4 to 5 experieinced players. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don’t see it happening.
I honestly think that something is wrong behind the scenes at Arsenal. I can’t come up with any reasonable explanation for the bad PR (or lack thereof) at the club. For the past 3-4 seasons, this team has always felt a couple of signings short of winning the title. The collapse of the last two seasons I think has been the final straw for Clichy, Fabregas, Nasri and to some extent even Toure.

I know we love to hate these guys for leaving the club, but let’s be honest!! If you had the chance to play for City or Barcelona right now, money aside, wouldn’t you leave Arsenal? I fear Van Persie is only around because he hasn't received any offers yet, perhaps due to his bad injury record. If a better club e.g Inter Milan, Bayern Munich come calling, I fear Van Persie will leave. He is probably looking around him and questioning how long he has to waste his talent in a team that won’t achieve anything other than the odd spectacular performance and wonderful passing football. What more has he got to prove as a striker except to win trophies? Unless somebody at Arsenal shakes Wenger and says to him “GET A GRIP, IT’S NOT FUNNY AND IT’S DEFINITELY NOT WORKING”, Van Persie will be the next high profile departure. And Wenger will go and buy Nevahedov Yangsta from south America then tell us that he is the answer to Van Persie’s departure.

Seriously, something is not right at Arsenal. Even if we go and buy a new squad now for £200M, they need time to gel. They definitely won’t perform this season. It brings us back to why any deals weren’t done before the season started...? What is Wenger trying to prove? What is he trying to communicate? Is he deliberately weakening Arsenal? For what purpose? Perhaps somebody should investigate Arsenal for Match fixing...? Much as I was relieved that we qualified for champions League football this season, I feared that we would be told the squad is still strong enough to compete. Please!! Even with our strongest 11 right now, we are going to be competing for 4th place.
And we have already lost 2 games, meaning we have little room for manoeuvre. 3 more losses and we’ll be officially out of contention for the premiership. And I see this squad losing no less than 5 more games this season.

I would hate to see Wenger go, but unless something seriously changes in our squad policy, I’m afraid I’ll join the throng of Arsenal fans calling for his head.
Another thing that concerns me is the coaching. We never feel and look solid enough defensively. I fear that even if we buy Jagielka and cahill we’ll still be shipping goals because of our poor organisation. I look at teams like Stoke City and can’t help admiring their defensive organisation. And should Pubis buy some good attacking players, Stoke will go far domestically and in Europe because they appear well organised defensively. We need a new defensive coach.

I will miss the WE LACKED A LITTLE BIT THE SHARPNESS inverviews, but maybe time is coming to call time on the tenure of Arsenal’s most successful manager ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment