Arsenal- A Big Club or a Football Academy? Part 1

Welcome to my new Arsenal Blog.

First of all, allow me to introduce myself. I am proudly the biggest Arsenal Fan this side of the equator!! I have loved Arsenal since i can remember, and believe me thats quite a while.

For several years now I have watched from the sidelines while other bloggers do something constructive with their love for Arsenal- blogging. I find that I have become increasingly frustrated with events at Arsenal. Like many Arsenal fans before me, I absolutely looked forward to hearing Arsene Wenger speak before and after matches. I couldnt wait to watch the next Arsenal game, spank Chelsea like the little girls they were, kick Manure's arse home and away... aah the good old days...

Of late, things have began to change. In the last 6 years, we have seen the best ever team in the league (the invincibles) disbanded, players come through only to be sold at their peak... we all know the Cesc Fabregas  and Samir Nasri sagas... a lot has been said about them, but please indulge me to add my views on them and other arsenal stuff as we head into the new season 2011-2012.

Fabregas- as a player, he is right up there with the world's best midfielders. Hell, he's even masquaraded as our captain for a couple of years or so now. I have always thought giving him the armband was a strategy by Wenger to make him stay longer. To his credit, he has given it his all, but the team around him has not been good enough to convince him to see out his contract atleast. 5 years ago when he signed his 8-year contract, he probably thought he'd have lifted a few trophies by now. me too. But year after year, wenger has been pulling the wool over our collective eyes, telling us we are strong and going to win something. everybody can see the flaws in the arsenal team except wenger apparently. I have decided I will not hate Fabregas, whether he goes or stays. I dont blame him. As one cunt at Barcelona recently said, He needs to join the business class. Now, much as I love Arsenal, given the choice between playing for Arsenal and Barcelona right now?

Nasri- well he's a good player, but for me, if he left now, i wouldnt lose any sleep. No doubt he'll probably blossom into a Zidane (or Hleb) one day. For me he hasnt done much for Arsenal and if Citeh are offering £20M for him? I'd take it in a heart beat. For any club to go into a season with huge clowds over its two most influential players is a shame.

That brings us to Arsenal and Arsene Wenger. Looking at our transfer activity over the past few years, I have come to the conclusion that our strategic plan has changed to one of player development and selling (for a profit). If along the way we win trophies, then fine. Now, if the Arsenal Board had openly come out and told us so, I'd have accepted that and continued supporting my beloved team without much heartache  at the way we nearly win things year after year...

I hear you say WTF are you talking about... well let me explain:


No comments:

Post a Comment