Van Persie's Future To Be Finalised Soon

Following Germany's 2-1 beating of the Netherlands, Robin Van Persie's future will be announced soon as the Netherlands are effectively out of the Euro 2012 competition.

Van Persie, who did not want to discuss or announce anything on his future, on account of his involvement at Euro 2012 will surely have no further excuse once Holland are eliminated after their last group game against Portugal.

Holland will need to beat Portugal by more than 2 goals and hope Denmark lose against Germany. Both are very tricky scenarios for Holland indeed.

The rumoured impending signing of Olivier Giroud by Arsenal from Montpellier for £13M for me tells me that's the end to Robin Van Persie's time at Arsenal. In fact, the fact that the club met with Van Persie at the end of the season, discussed and agreed not to announce the outcome of said discussions says a lot. It's negative news for Arsenal fans.

I think Robin Van Persie has already notified the club that he is leaving and they are just waiting to sign his replacement/s before the official confirmation is published on the club's official website.

For me the sooner they do so the better. I will be sad to see Van Persie go. I know he loves the club and all that, but hey, it's just a job. I too love my current employment, but given the chance to earn twice what I currently earn? Fuck my current employers! I don't want us to go through what happened last year with Fabregas and Nasri. That really undermined the club and set the tone for the beginning of our season.

I think that if we sign Olivier Giroud, that will be the end of our summer spending on strikers. We have already signed Lucas Podolski and with Joel Campbell coming back from his loan spell, I don't expect any further signings in the striking positions. Remember we still have Chamakh, Park, Bendtner and Vela.... Yeah yeah, I know...

I would then expect us to sign a midfielder, especially Yann M'vila. Of course much depends also on what happens with Alex Song, Theo Walcott, Abou Diaby and Tomas Rosicky.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment