Afrogunner: Back From The Brink of Death


Robin van Persie celebrates scoring his 100th Arsenal goal against Bolton
The Man: RVP Still doing the business
Afrogunner is back from the brink of death. After eating some dodgy food, I was admitted in hospital last week with severe food poisoning. But being Afrogunner, I couldnt be put down by the Mancs, the Shities or the Chelts of this world. No. I'm back!!


So what have I missed while I've been away? well, we beat Bolton Wanderers 3-0 at the Emirates stadium. The Man is being likened to this little man of  FC Barcelona: 

Now, I like Messi very much as a player and i'm having a tough time deciding who is the better player between him and Christiano Ronaldo. But to liken The Man to Messi? I don't quite agree that they move or even play the same. The one Arsenal Player I thought had a bit of Messi in him is Carlos Vela. If that boy can ever make it at the top, he'll be the nearest player to Messi both in terms of play and stature that we shall see in this generation. He is short, tricky, chips the keeper, left-footed... Too bad he has thus far been a flop at Arsenal...

I've always told every man and his dog willing to listen to me that The Man is a very special talent, that if he could be fit for a whole season, he is likely to be top scorer in the League. I think he has now scored something like 26 goals in 30 matches.

Now, its easy to score so many goals when you play for Barcelona with the best midfielders supplying you with balls, but to do so in an Arsenal team that is not as strong as the other teams... well... I think only his injury record has prevented The Man from being the object of speculation ala Fabregas and many others before him at Arsenal. Expect Robin Van Persie, The Man, to be coveted by the world's best clubs this summer if he stays fit.

I also missed the 3-1 Carling Cup win against Shrewsbury. I really would have loved to see some of our new signings in action, but i lay in my death bed on the night... *weeps*...

The injuries just get worse... Jack Wilshere is out till around christmas. Personally, i have written off this season for him. That way, I'll not be disapointed with the 'minor' setbacks that he'll suffer when he returns after his long injury lay off. It's a real blow because this season should have been the season he takes over from Cesc Fabregas.

So, at the moment there is a slight change in the clowd of doom surrounding the club. I sincerely hope we beat Spurs. Not only do I think they are cunts, but we really need the three points. We cannot have the 'we lacked a little bit the sharpness speeches after the game' or that we lacked 'urgency' or 'concetration' or 'motivattion' or 'organisation' or 'failed to learn from the past' or 'we just have to bounce back'!! NO!!! We need to go about our business like proper professional, like the big club that we are, like a club with some heritage, like men willing to die for the cause.

And we badly need to improve that goal difference. That means aiming for cricket scorelines in every game that we play. I believe goal difference will matter a lot come end of the season.

So onwards crawls the Arsenal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment