Arsenal Finish Off Fernebahce

                                                                  Arsenal 2-0 Fernebahce                                                   Aggregate 5-0 

Well that was job very well done. I must be honest, I am sincerely disapointed by the overall performance of Fernebahce over the two legs of this tie. I am not however disapointed by our results. 5-0 aggregate? I would have never thought it after the defeat at home to Aston Villa.

Kudos to Aaron Ramsey who seems to love playing against Fernebahce. He is to them what Didier Drogba is to Arsenal. Long may that continue. I mean Ramsey scoring against them, not Drogba scoring against us.

Santi Cazorla was in the mood and it's too bad he didn't get a goal, but my word! That man has some sublime close control of a football. When he is in that form, he is difficult to dispossess of the ball. His passing and work rate is just exemplary.

Let me come back to Monsieur Ramsey. I am right to say that he has now found his scoring touch? whereas in the past he would panic and blast the ball anywhere but on target, he now seems more calm in front of goal. Hoping he stays fit, he might just score double figures this season. I am genuinely pleased for him.

The only negative is that Lucas Podolski, who also seemed in the mood, pulled his hamstring just coming out cold from the dressing room after half-time. Why do players have hamstrings in the back of their thighs? Why don't they use Nylon or elastic...? Anyway, that's him out for about 4 weeks I estimate.

Now to the part that really excites me or rather worries me: Arsenal are now a bona fide Champions League Club for this season... Does that now mean we will attract "top, top, top quality" players to the club before the end of the transfer window?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment