Arsenal vs Southampton: A Quickie

Boss, do we lack a little bit the sharpness?
The real football returns tomorrow with Arsenal facing Southampton at the Emirates.

Southampton are the team we bought Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from. They were promoted back into the Barclays English Premier League, 7 years after they fell from the top league of English football. Beyond that, I have not bothered to do my homework on them, but they are a team which actually plays football.

We all know what Hull City did to us at the Emirates a couple of years ago, and if lessons have not been learned, we shall lose 2 or even three points.

The players are back from playing for their countries and it would seem that from the team that played at Liverpool, only Diaby is doubtful for tomorrow. I say let him rest. There is no point risking him for a game which, on paper, we should win. This is the chance to tap into the depth in the squad to help us win the match.

I am interested in seeing our tactical approach for this game, particularly our attacking play. I have said before what or where I think we are struggling. Let us see if there is work being done in training.

Enjoy the game wherever you watch it and join me on twitter: @the_afrogunner.

Till tomorrow folks.

COYG!

No comments:

Post a Comment