Marseille vs Arsenal Preview: Arsenal are a Happy Club




Gervinho- talking the talk
Tonight sees us square up against Marseille in France. At stake are three points that will surely decide who wins this group, all things being equal.

Football is all about psychology, or "mental strength" or "confidence". Thats why a perfectly talented group of players (such as Arsenal) can struggle against lesser opposition (such as *ahem* Spurs).

Seriously though, Marseille are a very good team and should be the strongest challenge for Arsenal away from home in the group stages. Gervinho is talking the talk, but not actually promising anything. Waiting until after the game then say (if we lose):

" It was a good game, I thought we played well... but we shall learn from this..."
or if we win or draw:

" We knew that we could get a result... we are very strong... united... we're a happy club..."

Meanwhile Aaron Ramsey says our midfield will get better... eh... naturally Mr. Ramsey, you are still growing and so learning. i'd be concerned if you had said otherwise, but there you go.

Marseille are a very strong attacking outfit. Players to watch out for are Andre Ayew (son of former Ghana and African great Abedi 'Pele' Ayew), Loic Remy and midfield Maestro Lucho Gonzalez. But we can't go into a game marking only 3 men, the other 8 men will punish us.
These guys need to be at their best to give arsenal a chance

I think we'll play our usual 4-5-1 with Van Persie leading the line. I can't decide whom I want to start between Theo and Arshavin. Arshavin looked lively at the weekend against Sunderland...

If I had to pick a team i'd go with;

                          Chezny
Jenkinson Metersacker Koscielny Santos
           Ramsey    Song      Arteta
     Gervinho               Arshavin
                 Van Persie

Theo and Chamakh can come on later to change the game, especially if we are behind.

We shall need to hold the ball for long periods and take our chances when they come. If we give the ball away cheaply (Mr. Ramsey!!) we'll be punished.

What about the score I hear you say, well, I predict a very competitive 2-2 draw. I wish I could say we'll win, but I dont feel it in me... lets hope the boys pleasantly surprise me.

Onwards crawls the Arsenal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment